Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traffic calming and effective street cross-sections
(07-20-2017, 02:02 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Curb extensions work, but must be integrated with bike infrastructure, otherwise you end up with insane things like this:  https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4550765,-...!1e3?hl=en

Yes, that is in fact, a brand new curb in the middle of a brand new bike lane.......

As for what would happen, I would imagine you would be admonished, possibly fined, probably not jailed, and the city would probably not do anything unless some staff members felt it was dangerous.  So...it's really up to the prerogative of those involved.

This is exactly the kind of thing that just confirms me in my belief that I know more than most planners.

Normally I respect expertise — I never think that I know more than the astronomer, or the people down the hall from me who know way more about system administration, or the concrete guy I hired to replace the path to the side door of my house — but clearly there is a severe problem when supposed professionals produce something like this. It’s almost like they’re trying to drag planning down to the level of computer programming.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Traffic calming and effective street cross-sections - by ijmorlan - 07-20-2017, 02:53 PM