Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-11-2022, 09:10 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 07:54 AM)jamincan Wrote: River Road, Frederick, Benton

Haha! Shocking that I of all people forgot about Frederick and Benton Tongue.

Also, Homer-Watson north of Ottawa.

And I mean, this list is only the clearly overbuilt roads...like roads which would see LOS A or B when reduced to 2 lanes. This is to say nothing of slightly more radical opinions like, not using only LOS to measure congestion, or *gasp* arguing that completely free flowing traffic 100% of the time achieved by having more road capacity than the free market will consume even when priced at 0 dollars should not necessarily be a societal goal.

This is the bit I really don’t get. I understand someone thinking that cars are the best and we need to cater to people who want to drive them; but I don’t understand a so-called “engineer” who deliberately overbuilds things at massive expense, thus incurring further increased maintenance expenses. I mean the first person is wrong, but the second person just makes no sense at all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 07-11-2022, 10:02 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM