Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-29-2023, 03:13 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: I mean...fair enough, that's possible, but I'd argue we'd be slamming them for that too.

I think it's moot anyway, they don't have enough spares to pair up all the trains...which would lead to inconsistent capacity not a good experience. So we'd need to order more trains with the normal lag time for that.

Yeah my expectation would be that they build out the stations ASAP, but I'd be temporarily understanding if ridership spiked beyond their predictions.

But yes, moot point if there isn't enough trains anyways, that's what I was curious about. I know there isn't enough trains to double up all of them, but I was thinking along the lines of doubling the peak trains going through the busiest areas, for example the trains going through downtown/Conestoga/universities around 8:20-8:50am. I think the unexpected overcrowding is coming from Conestoga students, so something like this could buy time to find more money or renegotiate the contract (assuming it doesn't already break the contract) since usage patterns wouldn't change much (i.e. continue to grow) for the current school year.

I know nothing about transit and train operations though, I'm just curious.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by dtkvictim - 10-29-2023, 02:06 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM