Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 Cedar Street North | 3 fl | Proposed
Oh yeah, I forgot about this one. It's one of the first large projects the people involved have done...will be interesting to see how it turns out. No idea if Vive is still involved with it or not. I assume not and they just flipped the property to someone else. I guess in the end they went with the 3 floor idea. Initially I believe it was Vive proposing to maybe do 6 floors with something like 35 units and the building looked very brutalist with the amount of concrete visible and minimal windows on some sides of the building plan. Honestly looked like something you'd see in a Japanese city, I thought it was pretty cool and minimalist. A smaller building and lower density suits this area best anyway, in my opinion. I don't think it'll ever be too heavily densified since it has a certain character with the hills. Small, dense builds like this would be perfect for the area. Anything between 3 to 6 or 7 floors everywhere would be great, especially if they move ahead with the idea they've been working on to pedestrianize either Cedar or Eby.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
15 Cedar Street North | 3 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 07-27-2023, 05:58 PM
RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - by ac3r - 05-09-2024, 08:10 PM