Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
i don't mean to be argumentative, but I don't think the concept renderings (which are done by architecture folks who don't usually get technical details of anything other than buildings correct*) are accurate.  Other concept photos show them being both for OCS and lighting.  A lot has changed between concept and detail design.  Here is a graphic from another document, to show what I mean:

All that being said, after thinking about it some more, I don't think there will be any lighting on the platform OCS poles.  The lighting is far more likely to be integrated into the canopy structure of the platform itself, which is at a much lower level, which would afford a much better atmosphere for waiting passengers.

* - After being a roller coaster for 20+ years, you wouldn't believe the absolute garbage renderings I've seen of coasters integrated with buildings put out by architectural rendering firms.  The buildings always look amazing, since that's their core competency, but then it looks like someone strung out Christmas wrapping ribbon randomly around it.  It drives me nuts!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 03-03-2016, 10:35 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM