Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I bet if they get the spur ready this summer, and we get at least 1 train from Bombardier for testing, we could have weekend trial runs for passengers without too much difficulty. One or two stations would have to be kitted out (I suggested Northfield since its closest to the OMSF, where the trains sleep). Maybe just one, since then they could just run south to Bearanger and turn back, eliminating any level crossing interfaces (ie, getting the bells running at Bearanger). This would be the simplest.

When the SkyTrain did trial runs for passengers, they just drove it in manual mode with no signalling or anything.

I suppose the lawyers and insurance people would be the biggest hurdle - the whole "safe for public use" thing etc. It may not be worth their while, and since it's a P3, GrandLinq may say no because there's nothing in it for them except risk of delaying other elements of resources are diverted to spur operations for joyrides.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 03-14-2016, 08:53 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM