Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-28-2016, 07:42 AM)Canard Wrote: I am sad we lost all those trees.  While it's going to be great seeing trains fly through here, the math of -Trees and +Fence aren't quite what I had hoped for, from an aesthetic outcome standpoint.

Yeah. It seems like improving those fences is a lost cause for now. For Waterloo Park, maybe it can be brought up repeatedly in their promenade discussions, not sure how to approach getting rid of it on other parts of the route.

About the cut down trees on the non-path side, I always see plenty of vehicles parked or working back there, but I have no idea what they are doing back there. Does anyone know? It looks like the tracks, bridge, etc. are all close to done in that area and they did sewer & comms a few years ago in that area, so I'm not sure what else needs to be done. There are no plans to leave that area accessible as far as I can tell.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by tvot - 05-28-2016, 12:08 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM