Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Miss a few days and so much to catch up on!

First, I have seen in various articles that the maximum penalty Bombardier is liable for is $3.3 million. My question is, is that per LRV or total for all 14? Capping it $3.3 million total seems like a pretty modest incentive. I think based on the revised, revised, schedule they would owe nearly $5 million without a cap:

Second, as for the location of the TPSS in Waterloo Park, it seems to be asking for trouble to be building something electrical in nature on a flood plain (one that floods quite regularly even with a heavy summer storm). That said it does look like they are taking additional precautions compared to the other TPSS’s installed to date.

Third, something doesn’t seem completely transparent about the latest delay from Bombardier. They have a good history of innovative and quality products, but are definitely having a tough time delivering on their promises at the moment. According to media reports everything was fine as May 13 and then suddenly as of May 19 there are new and unexpected and considerable delays. How could they not see a delay of this magnitude one week out?

Fourth, I saw that quote from Councillor Galloway in The Record saying construction as being behind schedule, but CTV quoted him as saying no construction delays are expected. So one of them got it wrong. If I had to guess I think what he probably said was there are certain areas of construction that are behind schedule (e.g. King/Victoria underpass), but that they expect to get caught up by the construction deadline.

Fifth, is there a publicly accessibly list of who is currently in Bombardier’s queue for each factory and where our vehicles are in that queue?

Finally, perhaps Bombardier could send some pallets for us to use as personal rapid transit until our LRVs are ready:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wfuvysl-UI
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Pheidippides - 05-28-2016, 05:31 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM