Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
General Township Updates and Rumours
Wow! You make it sound like township residents are all a bunch of whining interlopers, infringing on the residents of the cities. I have never heard anyone from the townships (or anywhere) complain that roads in the cities aren't wide enough. I have heard people from the city complain that horse and buggies and farm equipment should not be allowed to use roads, and that farms should not be permitted so close to the city so that the smell of manure does not offend them.

I would suggest that there is ignorance in both camps but I'm quite certain there are some here who will support and echo the aforementioned complaints by their fellow urban denizens.

For the record, I live in Waterloo, and even if I wanted to live in Elmira again (which I don't), I would not be able to as the means to travel between there and the city is insufficient to meet my employment. For those of us with disabilities that prevent us from driving, transit is more than something to reduce congestion, satisfy a green agenda, or look neat (they do all of these things), it is a necessity. Hence my support for expanded transit throughout the region. I understand why others have argued against me, as they most likely do not face the same dilemma as myself and others. I'm not attacking anyone's views but it would be nice if others considered that there are other valid perspectives.

We currently have two buses servicing the townships, going to Elmira and New Hamburg. Perhaps another going to Wellesley. Some think this is indicative of a serious effort on the regions part to offer connectivity between the townships and the cities. I think it is at best a token gesture with no serious consideration whatsoever.

But again, I know others here are quite comfortable with the status quo.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
General Township Updates and Rumours - by Spokes - 08-25-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 12-01-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 03-14-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 03-16-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by Elmira Guy - 08-31-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 12-04-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 05-18-2018, 01:28 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 05-06-2019, 11:09 AM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 08-27-2019, 11:25 PM
RE: General Township Updates and Rumours - by nms - 09-26-2019, 12:09 AM