Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Circa 1877 (née Brick Brewery) | 20 fl | Complete
(08-31-2016, 02:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Mr Tyssen may characterize himself as the past chair of the uptown vision committee, but a more relevant fact is that he is (or at least has been) the representative of the Catalina townhouse community, coincidentally located next door to the Brick Brewing development.  I do believe he has more than just the betterment of uptown on his mind, given that he lives in a single-storey townhouse metres from the proposed development.

You can find his presentation on (really, against) the LRT (from 2011) here:
http://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/region...1-0531.pdf

Some sampling of words from his presentation: so-called, premature, staggering, fiasco, albatross, not reasonable, threat, gurus, unbelievable, rub salt in wounds, incomprehensible, absurd.

So I can't say that I'm surprised he's now railing against this project.

Now that is a great contextualization of this man's motives.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 181 King St S - by Spokes - 10-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: 181 King St S - by The85 - 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: 181 King St S: Brick Brewing Redevelopment - by Markster - 08-31-2016, 05:27 PM