Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc)
(12-21-2016, 11:17 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 10:32 PM)darts Wrote: Roads aren't free to users, they are only free if I steal someones car and drive it. Roads would still be needed if no one has a car and paying gas taxes etc.

So the cost of walking down a sidewalk should include shoes?

Just because you must bring your own ball to play, doesn't make it not free play hour at the basketball court.

Be careful … next they’re going to claim that the parking at Conestoga Mall is actually paid parking, all appearances to the contrary notwithstanding.

Minor nitpick — the cost of walking down a sidewalk (comfortably, for most people) does include shoes. However, the price does not.

The strangest thing about this is how we are getting disagreement about basic facts. There are actually a wide variety of supportable positions regarding how various types of roads should be paid for, and in one of my early posts I even indicated that I wasn’t sure that I myself fully supported the position I had stated. But reasonable people cannot disagree that there is in fact no price charged to use most roads in Ontario.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc) - by nms - 02-20-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc) - by nms - 02-23-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by ijmorlan - 12-22-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: Urban parks - by danbrotherston - 01-29-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-29-2018, 06:24 PM
RE: Urban parks - by creative - 01-29-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-29-2018, 09:19 PM
RE: Urban parks - by SammyOES - 01-30-2018, 09:42 AM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-30-2018, 11:16 AM