Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Circa 1877 (née Brick Brewery) | 20 fl | Complete
(01-12-2017, 10:47 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 09:47 PM)embe Wrote: Interesting perspective, learned something different.  Hadn't really considered living in a Condo which is why I was curious.  That being said, even if I were to move into a Condo and a parking spot was an extra ~$25-40K (let's say 10% of the Condo price) I'd probably spring for it anyway from an investment point of view.  5-10 years down the road (lol) I'd have to think it would be a more marketable commodity when selling.  If real estate hadn't increased more than 10% during that time there would be bigger problems to worry about.

Unless car ownership continues to decline.  It might be the only part of your purchase that depreciates.

Maybe?  I'd wager people that can afford one of these Condo's in the next 5-10 years can also afford a car and want a spot to park it.  Or by then, these coveted parking spots can become bike racks and everything would also be fine
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 181 King St S - by Spokes - 10-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: 181 King St S - by The85 - 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: 181 King St S: Brick Brewing Redevelopment - by embe - 01-12-2017, 11:19 PM