Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Canard, you definitely didn't offend me.  I just think more people shouldn't worry about what other people are doing when it doesn't effect them.  I probably should have kept that to myself though.  So, sorry about that.

Jamincan, I agree you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy on the street.  But just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should.  As a general ethical rule (and not law) I think people shouldn't take/post pictures of other people without their knowledge/permission.  There are definite exceptions, and people are free to feel differently than I do on what those exceptions should be.  Edit: (Construction crews are generally an ok exception to me because they're working on a public project that people rightly very interested in.  But note, I'm personally not ok with people that post things like construction workers taking a break or having lunch.)

The car is also different because they're much more likely to cause problems in a construction site.  But I don't think its actually a double standard.  If one of those pedestrians had gotten hurt because they were trespassing on a construction site, I think a bunch of people would be laughing at them too.  Personally, I wouldn't be laughing at either.  But I'd also think both people had no one to blame but themselves.

Anecdote, we had a locally closed road around here for quite awhile and there was a period when it was open-but-not-officially-open with no construction happening.  I got a nail in my tire during this period of time and was talking to a guy at the shop who was repairing it.  He started going on a big rant about how constriction crews are lazy and never clean up nails like they're suppose to and how I should report them and yadda yadda yadda.  I had to sheepishly tell him it wasn't their fault, and it was almost certainly my fault for driving where I shouldn't...

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by SammyOES2 - 04-18-2017, 12:41 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM