Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-10-2017, 05:12 AM)Canard Wrote: I'm not sure I understand your dilemma (bandshell?). I bike through here a couple of times a week (including yesterday afternoon/evening) and never have an issue... Maybe I am assuming you go here regularily but you haven't gone here for several months/years and haven't seen the new setup since the tracks were installed? If that's the case, I could understand your confusion. You just have to turn right, parallel to the tracks, and then cut through the new Parking lot on the "other" side of the tracks from where it used to be.

I think nms was coming towards the station platform from the west, and expecting to cross the tracks at the previous crossing, where the road to the tennis club is, but there is a fence there now.

If you're coming from the west, a right turn goes toward the TPSS and not much else at the moment. A left turn goes to Seagram Drive.

In the future, the crossing will be at the south end of the platform, although it seems there will also be one down by the TPSS.

The functional design does appear to show a crossing close to where it used to be, in drawing C-PP-031, but either I am not good at reading, or the design changed. It also doesn't show the crossing further south, near the creek.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by timc - 05-10-2017, 10:47 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM