Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-11-2017, 07:33 PM)jamincan Wrote: A zipper merge is not something that only happens where indicated. It is how all merges should work. People do it all the time with highway on-ramps with no issues. For some reason though, when a normal lane ends, people get into a queue mentality. I have found that zipper merges do seem to be used effectively on the Hwy 8-401 bridge.

I agree and it's the way I usually try to merge, unless the lane I'm merging into is free of traffic.   The other week on the 401 east of Kingston, however, I attempted to do so in a place where the two lanes were reduced to one due to construction.  As I was proceeding toward the merge point, a woman pulled partly out of her lane to try to block me from passing and gave me the finger as I passed her (having had to move partly into the shoulder to avoid hitting her).  The stretch of the Conestoga Parkway between University and Bridgeport Rd is renowned for that manoeuvre.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by panamaniac - 10-11-2017, 08:17 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM