Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-29-2017, 08:54 PM)Canard Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 06:27 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: By fences at Block Line, do you mean near the Block Line station?

It was about here, from memory (red line):

Giant ~1.5m ugly galvonized chain-link fencing.  Horrible.  Hostile!!!!

(10-29-2017, 06:33 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: I guess they want to be ready for Phase 2. Nothing to remove in order to construct the extension.

I guess!  Except the two giant birds.  Think of the two giant birds!!

(10-29-2017, 08:15 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Two giant birds?

I answered my own question; I guess they're not as giant as I thought (sadface!!) and they're going in the areas already landscaped:

Thanks for the fence location. That is weird … it’s like they don’t think at all about desire lines and where you need to strongly guide people and where you just need to keep toddlers from running into a dangerous situation. I can think of a lot of sidewalks running along roads that need fences separating them from roads before any sort of fence is needed to separate pedestrians from a track carrying just LRVs travelling slowly as they exit the station with nothing on the other side of the track.

On the other hand, if they try to maintain the Traynor area fence with no crossings, I hope and expect the local population is assertive enough that the authorities have to install a Berlin-wall style fence or give up on the no-crossing policy.

Thanks for the Fairview map, I understand better where the birds will be. I think they’ll look great, even if we hope they need relocation sooner rather than later.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 10-29-2017, 11:10 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM