Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding the Owner of a Rental House
(10-27-2018, 07:23 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: If it's a student house as you kind of suggest, you could try looking for place listed in rental forums especially those for students.  Might not find anything if the renters have a longer term lease than 1 school term however.

@tomh009 If you're seeking to call bylaw, it depends on the city, Waterloo has WRPS do their dispatching, Kitchener has it's own contact centre, I have no idea what Cambridge does.

And yes, noise and parking complaints are handled round the clock, sidewalk clearing and other property standards are handled during day hours only, in a queue.... (again probably depending on the city).

Of course, my opinion of bylaw is well known at this point.  You have my sympathies.

for noise, ALL cities use WRPS Dispatch, 24 hrs a day.  [Parking complaints can also be dispatched through WRPS after hours, but all other by-law matters go to the city direct]  Waterloo & Kitchener by-law officers will be dispatched if they are not already tied up (In Kitchener, there was always at least 1 on shift - dedicated to noise complaints), police will be sent if in Cambridge.  As well, police are sent if by-law tied up, other concerns (ie. Noise is from a domestic dispute, Underage drinking mentioned in the complaint, etc), or there is an officer safety issue. (ie. Known drug house, Occupants known to have history of violence, etc).  Depending on staff levels, by-law may accompany police officer (So they don't have to tie themselves up with the paperwork if charges are laid).

My favorite noise call was in the Bridgeport area, complaint was a noisy backyard party.  Got there and there was a bonfire that was enormous!  Resident grabbed a pack of frozen hot dogs and told me it was a BBQ and to "F off".  Told him I was there for the noise, not the fire.  He was a jerk, and refused to even attempt to lower the music, so I gave him a ticket.  Called dispatch to notify KFD for their opinion on the size of the fire.  Needless to say, before I left, a pumper truck had extinguished the party, and turned his lawn into a muddy swimming pool.  Smile

Coke
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Finding the Owner of a Rental House - by Canard - 10-26-2018, 10:59 PM
RE: Finding the Owner of a Rental House - by Coke6pk - 10-31-2018, 09:11 AM