Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50-52 Weber St W & 107 Young St | 6 fl | Proposed
Well it is different. Not sure I like it, but it is definitely not a cookie cutter buildings. I think they should have gone dramatically away from the heritage features of the buildings surrounding it. Also, Why would they use those ugly town homes on mansion as an example, those things are horrendous. Sometimes I don't understand Architects/ Architecture in this region. I mean no offence but is it that the talented graduates of Waterloo leave for big city life and we are left with less inspired designers? or developers are just way cheaper in the region then those of the major cities and don't want to be creative with the design? A lot of the time proposals seem to be very cheap and and at least a decade behind the trends of the major cities in Canada. Not saying we need to be building what Toronto is building, but a little quality from time to time would be nice.  I would love for developers/ architects to start looking at Scandinavian Architecture for inspiration for quality practical design when it comes to mid-rise buildings.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50-52 Weber & 107 Young | 6 Fl | Proposed - by westwardloo - 02-05-2020, 04:36 PM