Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc)
(03-01-2018, 10:47 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 10:33 PM)SammyOES Wrote: The main consolation I have when reading the small group of people here that just constantly play victim is that your opinion is so out of the mainstream and irrational that you're never going to convince enough people to do what you want.

Even The Wired article was pretty silly.  You can make anything sound bad if you compare only the direct money put into the system (ignoring indirect money put into the system) against all of the direct and indirect costs created by the system and then ignore all of the "indirect benefits" as well.

"So even if you spend the next year on your couch, exploring every inch of PlayStation 4’s Shadow of the Colossus rerelease, some portion of the taxes you paid for the console and game will go toward improving those real life roads you never use."  That sounds really unfair!!! Until you think about it for 5 seconds and realize this person is still getting all sorts of benefits for the road network and its actually pretty damn reasonable that some of their tax dollars go to support it.

Is there a reason you've decided to just accuse everyone here of "playing victim"...

We're having an economic discussion about incenti.....You know what, never mind.  Blocked.

Hey, at least you’re just a professional victim. I’m a big fat liar, in thrall to the lizard people!

OK, I made up the bit about the lizard people. But what do you expect? I’m just a Trump-scale pants on fire.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc) - by nms - 02-20-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc) - by nms - 02-23-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc) - by ijmorlan - 03-02-2018, 07:39 AM
RE: Urban parks - by danbrotherston - 01-29-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-29-2018, 06:24 PM
RE: Urban parks - by creative - 01-29-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-29-2018, 09:19 PM
RE: Urban parks - by SammyOES - 01-30-2018, 09:42 AM
RE: Urban parks - by ijmorlan - 01-30-2018, 11:16 AM