Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(02-02-2018, 09:39 PM)KevinL Wrote: Ottawa and mill won't have the problem described because the platform is south of the intersection and, as you just noted, only the southbound track is barriered. Northbound trains would cause the double-barrier-drop if there were any barriers, but there aren't...

Yes, that is the location I was thinking of, but I wasn’t considering that the northbound track (the one where the platform is before the road) just turns into the curb lane. So, as you note, that particular location will not be an issue. So I think that leaves just Northfield and Block Line where I’m wondering about the degree of traffic impact.

BTW, thanks, Canard, for the photos. Google Streetview is for some reason out of date … Big Grin

And yes, that is an unusual setup. At least they got rid of the “3 tracks” signs at the Seagram crossing. Somebody realized that an overlapping gauntlet is not really 2 tracks.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 02-02-2018, 11:01 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM