Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Victoria | 63 m | 19 fl | Complete
It's looking great. Looking at that last photo makes me wonder what will eventually be developed on the U-Haul property, and on the surface lot on Charles at Francis.

Really curious to see how it looks once glass goes up on the curved part at the corner. So far so good.

Is it just me or do Momentum developments tend to drag out a little more than other developers?

And I love Momentum and what they are doing, just asking...
No more so than any others... I was in Phase I at the Kaufman Lofts when it first opened and my occupancy date got pushed back a total of 18 months.
(10-03-2015, 12:19 AM)Chris Wrote: Is it just me or do Momentum developments tend to drag out a little more than other developers?

And I love Momentum and what they are doing, just asking...

I thought Red moved at a decent pace.  I vaguely remember the42 dragging in the final little bit.
I find that Momentum from project announcement to construction is faster than many others in the region, so even if they are a little slow getting the final product together it is still far ahead in overall timeline.
Especially when you compare them to Andrin - City Centre, Auburn - Arrow Lofts, Auburn - Barrel Yards, Fusion Homes - Downtown Kitchener project, Auburn - Alexandra project
They are tinting them after installation instead of using tinted glass? That's definitely more work, and goes some way in explaining the slower pace of 1 Victoria (as compared to City Centre).
I know that some of the delays with the42 were related to glass issues. The coloration, combined with inevitable accidental cracking/breaking, meant drastically long lead times. Using a more common glass type, and altering it onsite, might cost more to start, but mitigates a great deal of sure-to-happen risks.

Pace of window installation really seems slow to me.  Will they finish this before the snow starts flying?

Attached Files Image(s)

Not sure if it wasn't before, but glass is going up on the 5 storey rounded section facing the King / Victoria intersection:

[Image: GW9ta3b.png]
Good view of One Victoria from the Google office. Looking quite nice in the sunset.

[Image: HL4hcWeh.jpg]
That'll be a nice view once 1 Victoria and the intermodal station are finished!
(11-17-2015, 11:10 PM)tomh009 Wrote: That'll be a nice view once 1 Victoria and the intermodal station are finished!

won't it be a view of the backside of the transit hub then?
I'm optimistic that the view of the transit hub from Google won't just be a back parking lot and a bunch of trash bins.

The poor pharmacy school looks so small next to it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »