Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
One Hundred Condominiums
100 Victoria St. South, Kitchener
http://onehundred.ca/
Developer: Momentum Developments
19 and 15 Floor Mixed-Use Development

[Image: rendering-street.jpg]

[Image: rendering-aerial.jpg]

One Hundred will soon take shape in Kitchener’s “Innovation District”
April 9, 2014 | BuzzBuzzHome | Link
Quote:Kitchener-Waterloo, a city famous for its forward-thinking businesses and think tanks, is being infused with even more innovation thanks to Momentum Developments’ latest condominium complex, One Hundred.

The modern mixed-use community will soon be situated in Kitchener’s “Innovation District”, a dynamic and emerging area filled with high-tech companies, startups and a number of university buildings.

One Hundred, located at 100 Victoria Street South, will consist of two towers that house a total of 276 residential suites. The two buildings will rise 15 and 19 storeys and will be positioned on a three-storey podium, which will connect the towers together and provide a shared amenity space.

Since the amenity area will be split between both buildings, you can bet it will contain twice as many appealing facilities — like a rooftop greenscape. But we’re just getting started. The modern project will also feature a designer-decorated party lounge, fully-equipped fitness studio and spacious theatre room.

The K-W based developer is also committed to incorporating a variety of green features into their projects, including energy-efficient windows, central heating and cooling systems and even an on-site car share program.

The ultra-modern suites will impress you just the same. Each suite will be decked out with expansive windows, gourmet kitchens with custom designer cabinetry, granite countertops and Energy Star stainless steel appliances.

In essence, the new development is about offering residents a convenient lifestyle in the heart of a booming neighbourhood. Aside from the many high-tech companies that dot the area (think: Google and Desire2Learn), homeowners will be nearby a myriad of boutique shops, cozy cafes, restaurants and galleries.

And for days when you need to travel a bit further, just walk to the city’s future transit hub, which will connect the GO Train, VIA Rail and ION rapid transit system. Translation: travelling between Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge without a vehicle will be a breeze.

Prices for available suites start from the $200,000s.

Amenity space between tower one and two:

[Image: one-hundred-condos-terrace-rendering.jpeg]
In the interest of keeping to conversation going, I'll repost my message from WW which was the sale status (as of about 2-3 weeks ago):

Tower 1: over 80% sold
Tower 2: over 40% sold (has four additional storeys)

Scheduled occupancy for April 2017 and April 2018 respectively.
With 80% sold, construction should be starting shortly, no? April 2017 occupancy would imply to me a construction start no later than early spring of 2015.
A short video render of the project can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsnOZc69vkM
This was discussed at last nights council meeting.

The issue is that as it stands Momentum wants to build the towers with a 6m setback from the adjacent property lines. The owners of those property lines want them pushed back to 12.5m.

They feel that if they ever wanted to develop their property, the 6m setbacks would hurt their ability to do so. (Not that they have any plans to develop.)

City Council has asked for a staff report to be presented on November 10 and a decision will be made at the November 17 council meeting.

I think a compromise would work here, and you go with 9m setbacks. What do you think?
Is potential effect on the ability to develop a neighbouring property a consideration with respect to a variance request (is that what this is?)? I don't think the podium would have that effect on the west side, at least.

panamaniac Wrote:Is potential effect on the ability to develop a neighbouring property a consideration with respect to a variance request (is that what this is?)? I don't think the podium would have that effect on the west side, at least.
My guess is the podium comes pretty close to the property line. I got the impression the issue was with the tower.
Quote:The owners of those property lines want them pushed back to 12.5m.

They feel that if they ever wanted to develop their property, the 6m setbacks would hurt their ability to do so. (Not that they have any plans to develop.)

Normally this would prompt the cry of "NIMBY!!!" But it's OK for a developer to protect its interests.
Given the pre-sales of apartments in the first tower, I'd be concerned that such a change would come at the expense of the podium, which would be a shame as it's the best part of the project, imho.
Personally, I think it would be a shame for Arthur Place to be redeveloped. It ought to have heritage protection.
I would really like to see the project go ahead as proposed, it offers everything this area of the city should be.
Is that what the issue is, or is it the property (ies) to the west of Arthur Place? I would hope that the Arthur Pl row would someday be converted into a bar/restaurant row and a pedestrian entrance into the Innovation District.

mpd618 Wrote:Personally, I think it would be a shame for Arthur Place to be redeveloped. It ought to have heritage protection.

I think it would be too. Those units if fixed up could be quite nice.

Do you think they're the ones complaining? I figured it was the other neighbours as they have the roadway separating the two properties.
panamaniac Wrote:Is that what the issue is, or is it the property (ies) to the west of Arthur Place? I would hope that the Arthur Pl row would someday be converted into a bar/restaurant row and a pedestrian entrance into the Innovation District.

This
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »