Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Walter | 24m | 5 fl | Complete
Yes, balance is tricky, and it’s hard to be objective about it. I don’t think I suggested that respecting the existing means that only a two-storey building can be located near existing two-storey buildings. Walter is by and large a two storey street, but I don’t see a six-storey building as being inappropriate given the proximity to King. I don’t agree that existing residents should have no input (which I know is not what you are saying), but I also think they cannot reasonably expect their neighbourhood to be static.

I’m very interested in this one because my neighbourhood is equidistant from King, on the other side of King, and looks and feels (the same vintage, similar scale) much like Walter. There are possibilities for reuse (that have been identified) on my street that will bring increased density and all that comes with it. I would expect that, if buildings very much taller than those existing be approved, that shading and privacy be considered, but I would welcome the increased density.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 100, 104, 108 Walter Street | 24m | 6 fl | Proposed - by MidTowner - 10-30-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: The Walter | 24m | 5 fl | U/C - by MidTowner - 07-10-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: The Walter | 24m | 5 fl | U/C - by tomh009 - 10-01-2017, 07:32 PM