Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
22 Frederick St redevelopment | Completed
(07-26-2019, 06:57 PM)creative Wrote: It looks like the render at the beginning of this thread.

Yeah...I think it's just going to be grey paint. Obviously primed first, but they would prime it in a colour closer to what they are painting with.

(07-26-2019, 07:00 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 06:57 PM)creative Wrote: It looks like the render at the beginning of this thread.

Yeah...I think it's just going to be grey paint. Obviously primed first, but they would prime it in a colour closer to what they are painting with.

They could have at least used Black #2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4Rk0NATNs
What is it with Kitchener and grey/greige these days? One hopes this doesn't portend a Market Square also painted to look like a battleship!
(07-27-2019, 10:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: What is it with Kitchener and grey/greige these days?  One hopes this doesn't portend a Market Square also painted to look like a battleship!

I think some buildings painted with dazzle camouflage could be a nice change.

[Image: HMS_Argus_%281917%29_cropped.jpg]
(07-26-2019, 11:20 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 07:00 PM)ac3r Wrote: Yeah...I think it's just going to be grey paint. Obviously primed first, but they would prime it in a colour closer to what they are painting with.

Yes, that would have been good.

Or, Maroon #5 would have been acceptable too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg
(07-26-2019, 11:20 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 07:00 PM)ac3r Wrote: Yeah...I think it's just going to be grey paint. Obviously primed first, but they would prime it in a colour closer to what they are painting with.

Yes, that would have been good.

Or, Maroon #5 would have been acceptable too!
(07-27-2019, 11:52 AM)jwilliamson Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 10:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: What is it with Kitchener and grey/greige these days?  One hopes this doesn't portend a Market Square also painted to look like a battleship!

I think some buildings painted with dazzle camouflage could be a nice change.

[Image: HMS_Argus_%281917%29_cropped.jpg]

There's one visible from the expressway, the building is on kehl st. https://goo.gl/maps/az4oRamvzNFiT2Ro7

(07-30-2019, 05:25 PM)clasher Wrote: There's one visible from the expressway, the building is on kehl st. https://goo.gl/maps/az4oRamvzNFiT2Ro7

I love this one. I rode past it the other week and it looks really good up close, too. They've put a lot of work into the exterior, at least.
I love the fact that jwilliamson posted (what I assume was) a joke about dazzle camouflage, and then it turns out that there's a building here in the region with something remarkably similar.

I don't remember seeing this in person, but I have to say that the treatment is interesting on Streetview and likely far better than if it was plain brick.
(07-31-2019, 11:37 AM)jamincan Wrote: I love the fact that jwilliamson posted (what I assume was) a joke about dazzle camouflage, and then it turns out that there's a building here in the region with something remarkably similar.

I don't remember seeing this in person, but I have to say that the treatment is interesting on Streetview and likely far better than if it was plain brick.

It is certainly an improvement over how it looked before.
(07-31-2019, 11:37 AM)jamincan Wrote: I love the fact that jwilliamson posted (what I assume was) a joke about dazzle camouflage, and then it turns out that there's a building here in the region with something remarkably similar.

If you click on the "Streetview - Sept 2018" in the upper left hand corner of street view you can select the 2015 view of the grey monolith it used to be.  They did this work when the reclad the building and added exterior insulation.
(07-31-2019, 12:59 PM)boatracer Wrote:

If you click on the "Streetview - Sept 2018" in the upper left hand corner of street view you can select the 2015 view of the grey monolith it used to be.  They did this work when the reclad the building and added exterior insulation.

Funny thing, I remember when I was a young little gaffer and my 'rents would drive past that building, it was then known as "Richview Heights" and I honestly thought that was where the rich people lived.

True Story.
So the brick is being painted. Sigh. I was hoping for something better. The second photo shows some detail of the brick damage (sorry about the lack of resolution on my phone camera lens). The third photo shows more about the painting.

(08-13-2019, 09:32 PM)tomh009 Wrote: So the brick is being painted. Sigh. I was hoping for something better. The second photo shows some detail of the brick damage (sorry about the lack of resolution on my phone camera lens). The third photo shows more about the painting.

Is the SunLife sign coming off or going on? There is a gap in the black paint that looks like it was painted around one of the letters, but if it’s coming off wouldn’t they take it off before painting? And if it’s going on, wouldn’t they paint the whole wall rather than trying to skip exactly the small area to be covered by the letters?
Ugh that's weak
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »