Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Works for me.

Odd. Tried it on two different phones and get the same error message. Obviously the problem is at my end though. Have to go on PC.
(09-23-2016, 08:56 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Odd. Tried it on two different phones and get the same error message. Obviously the problem is at my end though. Have to go on PC.

Doesn't work for me on mobile, works fine on my desktop. I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the Record's mobile site.
(For what it's worth, I was able to load it just fine from my iPhone...)
Also worked fine on my Android (in Chrome).
It's now working on my phone, wasn't earlier when first posted.
Also now working on my Blackberry (I know, I know. But I'm a very loyal yokel). Smile

Crossover welding and grinding in front of Cameron Heights on Charles St this morning:

I always think it must be so tricky to work on these sections which are embedded on both sides of the window in which they're working. Like virtually all the flexibility of the adjoining rail is gone, so you're really wrestling with it. When they cut off the ends of the rails sticking out, that's definitely a "Measure twice, cut once" moment!
Some photos from this morning at Fairway:

...believe it or not, Wilson is actually open, here!
Looked like the new traffic lights at Conestogo / King might have been going live today (maybe Northfield too?). Leaving Conestoga Mall, all the lights (both temporary and permanent) were off, with a cop directing traffic in the intersection. Grandlinq crew was standing near the intersection discussing something.

Would be a huge congestion relief to see this road finally back to normal, with traffic on the correct sides of the road.
1/6 - Sunday, September 25, 2016

Today was such a wonderful day.  I spent 5 hours out on my bike and rode over 30 km, just soaking in all the construction!  I caught a massive, complex TPSS double-lift in front of Grand River Hospital, chatted with lots of construction folks, ran into a friend of mine from Twitter, and shot about 150 frames.  Lots of surprises and discoveries today.  I'll only post some of the highlights.  Enjoy!

The King St. Grade Separation project is really coming along.

On Charles, at Cameron, the crossover work is progressing - but still a ways to go.

Connections.

Looking up Ottawa, from Courtland, toward Charles.

Ottawa/Mill.
2/6 - Sunday, September 25, 2016

Here's the track curve from Borden onto the Huron Spur.  This tells us where the embedded track ends, and the ballasted track begins - the entire track curve will be embedded.

Huron Spur.

Here's that wicked jog in the current railway alignment over the top of the Grade Sep - from Park.  Whoever was saying that there's quite a jog here, was right!

King St. Grade Sep is looking amazing.

3/6 - Sunday, September 25, 2016

Please don't do this, guys!  Tresspassing is not only illegal, but it's dangerous.  I saw at least 3 people hiking around under the overpass today.  I hope this wasn't anyone from our forum!

When going down King, the Mammoet guys were getting ready to do the first of two big lifts of the TPSS being installed in front of Grand River Hospital.  This was awesome to see!

King/Allen.

Erb/Caroline.
4/6 - Sunday, September 25, 2016

Erb/Caroline.  I have no problems with this configuration of crossing lanes - in fact, I prefer the pedestrian islands, both as someone on foot, and as a driver.  If, for example, I want to cross as a pedestrian from the island over to Clay and Glass (to the left, here) - I just look to my right.  I make eye contact with one driver, and we agree when it's my turn to cross, I give a little wave, and life's great.  As a driver, I'm only having to look at two spots for people - on my left, and on my right, before proceeding. If I see someone, I wait.  Way, way simpler than if you have to look in multiple places with people darting out in front of you everywhere.

For those who are interested.

Tamper was out today, workin' away.

Loving the new internal-counterweight catenary tensioners!

Close-up of the force-multiplying pulley.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »