Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-21-2016, 01:33 PM)panamaniac Wrote: That retaining wall and industrial railing in front of the Mutual is a "miss". Sad

That's way nicer than real industrial handrail Smile Besides there's no kick plate or places where it's been bent with a forklift.

From where the handrail start to the intersection, is that a slope?

Because if it is, then the handrail is part new "ramp" guildlines under AODA.

The above part is now a standard part of the City of Waterloo's Accessible Design guidelines (which go to Waterloo City Council next week).
(10-21-2016, 02:22 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: My guess is grass on such a slope does poorly.

I think the slope is an unacceptable safety risk. Somebody, most likely a toddler but could be anybody, could trip and roll right into traffic. The retaining wall and/or railing should have been extended much further.
The GRT level at Conestoga Station is being cleaned up. Almost all the construction materials are off of the closed GRT platforms, and the ground has been levelled. It won't be long before they're laying concrete and putting in sod, it seems.
Awesome news! How's the progress on the crossover? Last time I was up, they had all these fancy jigs to secure all the various elements during assembly and welding.
Tracks are Laid out across willis way now. Only few gaps left across the entire system.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(10-21-2016, 06:07 PM)Canard Wrote: Awesome news! How's the progress on the crossover? Last time I was up, they had all these fancy jigs to secure all the various elements during assembly and welding.

jigs still there yesterday...

(10-21-2016, 06:07 PM)Canard Wrote: Awesome news!  How's the progress on the crossover?  Last time I was up, they had all these fancy jigs to secure all the various elements during assembly and welding.

I did not get a chance to see the platform level. I was too enamored by the fact that all the lanes on Conestogo were open, to notice anything on the platforms as my bus drove past.
Top Bombardier officials meet with region
/\ This news pleases me.
(10-21-2016, 01:10 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: It's a shame they went with stamped concrete instead of grass between the sidewalk and the road here.

This looks awful through here in the picture.  Certainly not like what was originally assumed in strategy docs from a few years back:

^^ I see a car vs tree accident in that render, lol
That render isn't even remotely realistic, considering the level of those brick pillars is now somehow magically level with the street and the houses on the North side.

Where are those renders from?! Would love to go through them!
Block Line wa su pposed to reopen today apparently! Anyone by to see if it did?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »