Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Supposedly to Courtland.

Mill is still completely open the straight through way? Or is the section from Ottawa to the one end of the leg (the section that crosses the tracks) closed too, requiring you to take the leg to cross to the other side of Mill?
(10-22-2015, 11:45 AM)GtwoK Wrote: Mill is still completely open the straight through way? Or is the section from Ottawa to the one end of the leg (the section that crosses the tracks) closed too, requiring you to take the leg to cross to the other side of Mill?

Completely open. I'm expecting that to change at some point, but things have not reached that point yet.
(10-21-2015, 10:41 PM)Square Wrote: What is the construction schedule for the winter?  Do they still dig up the ground and put in new pipes?  Do they pour concrete when it's cold?

Thank you.

Just bumping this. I'm also wondering the same thing... what's happening during the winter?
If what they did last winter happens again, they'll fill in the holes and put a temporary coat of asphalt on the ground and pick up where they left off in the Spring.
^ Sounds like this, considering the remarks they made about paving King St "for the holiday season".
It must be horrible working on projects like this in the winter. I can't imagine how these guys feel at the end of the day. I make sure to thank each construction worker I chat with whenever I'm out and about.

The view this morning.

[Image: 20151022_083639.jpg]

[Image: 20151022_083710.jpg]

[Image: 20151022_083720.jpg]
Great photo angle -- top level of the parking garage?
(10-22-2015, 08:21 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Great photo angle -- top level of the parking garage?

Yes, as are many other shots earlier in this thread by several users.
Your second picture is hilarious, Kevin, with the grotesque sticking out watching over the construction crew. Smile

I asked the team about timing at Charles/Benton, and they said the intersection would open in early November. That seems impossible though with the amount of work left to do, unless they start pouring concrete by early next week.
From the Kevin's photos, you can also see that the (temporary) traffic lights have been hung, so clearly they are getting closer to opening this intersection.
(10-22-2015, 09:53 PM)tomh009 Wrote: From the Kevin's photos, you can also see that the (temporary) traffic lights have been hung, so clearly they are getting closer to opening this intersection.

Those were hung before the old ones were removed and have been there (under tarps) ever since. I guess they wanted them in place and ready to avoid delay after the surface work is done.

The FLEXITY Freedom LFLRV mockup is in Hamilton until Saturday afternoon and open to the public.

http://www.hamilton.ca/government-inform...-city-hall
Latest Ion update is available online.

Some highlights:

Seagram is closing on Monday for 2 weeks to install tracks.
Track is being installed along Caroline - at Alexandra starting Oct 26
King street will be prepped for paving from Green to Wellington starting Oct 29
Charles from Water to Queen is almost ready for paving; only a few watermain connections to be done.
Borden will be fully reconstructed by mid-November
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »