Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual Infrastructure Announcement June 9th
(06-06-2021, 02:02 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 01:11 PM)Bytor Wrote: So on the Region's Youtube page, and upcoming event "Virtual Infrastructure Announcement for Southwestern Ontario" has been set for Thursday, June 9th at 9am, involving all three levels of government.

Any ideas what this might be? I cannot think, offhand, of any rumours that I have heard of that this might be.

Maybe they are finally getting ready to start construction on the train station? or maybe (one can hope) they announce the funding by the Feds/Province for Ion Phase 2?

Could be also another non-announcement on 2WAD GO (I believe anything about this when I actually see it) or more highway spending.

This would not surprise me in the slightest, but I'm awfully cynical these days.

More train station funding is realistically the best possible case, Phase 2 ION is probably a pipe dream, and anything 2WAD GO is probably just another empty announcement. I'd also throw in the outside curve ball possibility of a bus service announcement, although it would be strange for that to be Waterloo Region specific.

But I have not heard any rumours about what it is either.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virtual Infrastructure Announcement June 9th - by danbrotherston - 06-06-2021, 02:22 PM