Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF
Any service is better, but I have to wonder if it would really make sense to do it. It takes ~15 minutes to drive to the airport from downtown, and then you'd want to be at the airport a minimum of 20-30 minutes before your flight. So that's 45 minutes right there... if you were driving, you'd already be in Mississauga. So overall, best-case you might save 15 minutes of travel time but door-to-door is still over an hour (especially with the "Fun Ferry" at YTZ).

I think it would be neat for Porter to use YKF as a second hub or something, though - as in, have YKF-Ottawa, -Montreal, etc...

Those Q400's are loud though. Like ridiculously loud. I can't believe they were denied flying jets out of YTZ; really annoyed at that, they should have imposed a decibel limit, not a technology limit. The noise from the Q400's is just awful. Stand anywhere along Queens Quay (or Hanlan's) and they'll take your head right off.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - by Canard - 03-06-2016, 08:24 AM