Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Watson and Ottawa Three Lane Roundabouts
(10-17-2017, 10:08 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 08:56 AM)Spokes Wrote: That's insane.  But not surprising.  I had that happen to me in Ottawa one of the first times I encountered a roundabout 10+ years ago.

Lol, I remember sitting in the cafeteria of the building I worked at as a co-op in 2007 and watching drivers be confused by the roundabouts in the R&T park.  I even got to watch one go the wrong way around, and then be forced to reverse back around the roundabout by an on-coming semi-truck.  It did not go well.  Having been in the region for a while now, I have seen things get progressively better at roundabouts.  But I am not surprised this still occurs.  It seems some people cannot deal with them, and they have simply been hiding from them--which is getting less and less possible.

There is broad non-compliance across the board.  Just this morning I saw a bicyclist driving the wrong way in the bike lane on Wes Graham Way.  I'm surprised this still occurs.  I can't believe bicyclists are allowed on the streets when they don't know simple rules of the road like this.  I guess all bicyclists should be re-tested every 5 years to stay on the road.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Homer Watson and Ottawa Three Lane Roundabouts - by NotStan - 10-17-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by timc - 05-29-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by timc - 05-29-2017, 11:17 AM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by embe - 08-09-2017, 08:39 PM