Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Watson and Ottawa Three Lane Roundabouts
(10-17-2017, 04:40 PM)jamincan Wrote: I'd say that roundabouts have been common to the region for well over a decade now, and are pretty much pervasive within the region now and common throughout Ontario. I don't think there should be an excuse for not understanding how to deal with a roundabout. That said, does the driver training handbook cover roundabouts, and has the Highway Traffic Act been updated to enforce certain behaviours in roundabouts (I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong)? These really need to be brought up-to-date, as roundabouts are basically unavoidable now in Ontario.

Speaking of this roundabout, I still notice people making their way SB on Homer Watson and going turning right onto Ottawa St at the actual roundabout rather than the cut-off for Ottawa St. That makes it more difficult for people obeying the traffic signs as we have additional traffic to wait for. The set up their is perfect, but requires idiot drivers to make legal driving maneuvers, not illegal ones.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Homer Watson and Ottawa Three Lane Roundabouts - by jeffster - 10-17-2017, 08:15 PM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by timc - 05-29-2017, 10:02 AM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by timc - 05-29-2017, 11:17 AM
RE: General Road and Highway Discussion - by embe - 08-09-2017, 08:39 PM