Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midtown Lofts | ?m | 6 fl | Complete
(09-23-2015, 12:50 PM)MidTowner Wrote: Thanks a lot! I count 32 dots- that would be about a quarter sold. That doesn't sound too bad for a week of sales.

Places like this usually have a pre-sales period for preferred customers. I'd presume the majority of those units were sold then.

Interesting to see that the 3rd floor is most popular.
(09-23-2015, 10:14 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Interesting to see that the 3rd floor is most popular.

Price point, stairway use, and up into the tree cover (with luck, eventually)?
edit - duplicate.
Drove by today...looks like the lot is fully demo'd
Anybody have an idea of what percentage of sales are end user vs. investors ?
(10-25-2015, 09:02 PM)Smore Wrote: Drove by today...looks like the lot is fully demo'd

It most certainly is.

[Image: 20151029_175240.jpg]

[Image: 20151029_175326.jpg]

(apologies for the blur on the first one, only had my phone which has a poor preview)

The second photo makes it show how much it makes sense to be doing construction on King now, if it's already torn up, why not take advantage of that. I hope King's Crossing does the same and plans to start while King is all ripped up.
(10-30-2015, 10:46 AM)Spokes Wrote: The second photo makes it show how much it makes sense to be doing construction on King now, if it's already torn up, why not take advantage of that. I hope King's Crossing does the same and plans to start while King is all ripped up.

I hope the same. Does anyone who knows about such things have an idea about when ground will be broken for this project?
(10-30-2015, 10:46 AM)Spokes Wrote: I hope King's Crossing does the same and plans to start while King is all ripped up.
Wouldn't it be difficult to get equipment, materials, and people in to the particular site if king is torn up for extended periods?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(10-30-2015, 10:02 PM)Pheidippides Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 10:46 AM)Spokes Wrote: I hope King's Crossing does the same and plans to start while King is all ripped up.
Wouldn't it be difficult to get equipment, materials, and people in to the particular site if king is torn up for extended periods?

There's access at the back through Walter St. so this wouldn't be an issue.
(10-30-2015, 10:31 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 10:02 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Wouldn't it be difficult to get equipment, materials, and people in to the particular site if king is torn up for extended periods?

There's access at the back through Walter St. so this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm thinking that the people who live on Walter Street might take issue with this.
(11-01-2015, 01:20 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: I'm thinking that the people who live on Walter Street might take issue with this.

I don't think they have a say on this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

(11-01-2015, 01:37 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 01:20 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: I'm thinking that the people who live on Walter Street might take issue with this.

I don't think they have a say on this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They ought not, its on the opposite side of King from this development. They were vocal on the (lots adjacent to) King Edward development though..
(11-01-2015, 03:02 PM)Smore Wrote: They ought not, its on the opposite side of King from this development. They were vocal on the (lots adjacent to) King Edward development though..

Walter Street was brought up in reference to the King's Crossing development near Walter and Wellington, and the fact that Walter can provide access to that site from the back.

No one likes a temporary increase in traffic along their street due to a construction project, but BuildingScout is right that the residents don't really have a say in it. There are rules concerning time of day, noise, so on, but residents of a street can't say that a project can not make use of a public road to bring in equipment or workers.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »