Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
(02-21-2020, 09:09 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: does anyone have any new updates on this project? I can't remember but was this building going to be prefab?

I live across Queen from it so I see them continuously working away on it. Definitely don't appear to be in any rush though, it's still not above the buildings between me and it so I can't see anything but the crane. Doesn't look prefab, looks basically the same as Barrel Yards (same developer).

(02-21-2020, 10:03 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 09:09 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: does anyone have any new updates on this project? I can't remember but was this building going to be prefab?

I live across Queen from it so I see them continuously working away on it. Definitely don't appear to be in any rush though, it's still not above the buildings between me and it so I can't see anything but the crane. Doesn't look prefab, looks basically the same as Barrel Yards (same developer).

This is from a few days ago. Apparently the condo floors will use prefab components so that part of the construction should move more quickly.

Photo 
It's been pretty "boring" last few months, just more concrete pouring, more parking floors, but today, as Tom said, the prefab sections are coming in.

Thanks! It looks like they have really tidied things up since my photo from a few weeks ago. Maybe that was in preparation for the precast sections?
(05-07-2020, 02:05 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Thanks! It looks like they have really tidied things up since my photo from a few weeks ago. Maybe that was in preparation for the precast sections?

Yeah, that’s my assumption, they spent this week cleaning up all the detritus (at least on the “roof”).
Those arched windows on the south side are a surprise to me (or else I've forgotten about them). Is there a render somewhere of the final design?
I haven't seen one with those windows.

How memories fade - I found it back at your post #112. I even commented on those windows at that time! Smile
They started construction in the fall of 2017.   Is this the slowest build in KW ever?
(05-07-2020, 04:31 PM)jgsz Wrote: They started construction in the fall of 2017.   Is this the slowest build in KW ever?

That honour must still belong to Auburn’s BarrelYards, although the Budds building might also be a contender, at least in proportion to the size of the project.
(05-07-2020, 04:56 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 04:31 PM)jgsz Wrote: They started construction in the fall of 2017.   Is this the slowest build in KW ever?

That honour must still belong to Auburn’s BarrelYards, although the Budds building might also be a contender, at least in proportion to the size of the project.

Who's building Budd?

Auburn is doing both BarrelYards and Arrow, no surprise at the slow speed.
(05-07-2020, 03:07 PM)panamaniac Wrote: How memories fade - I found it back at your post #112.  I even commented on those windows at that time!  Smile

Touché! Smile
(05-07-2020, 04:56 PM)panamaniac Wrote:

Barrel Yards is not really comparable, though, since it's something like a dozen individual buildings.

The St Louis school condo conversion has been under way since 2014, though.

I should post my time lapse...
Barrelyards was intended to go up in phases, though it still seems painfully slow. I'm not sure if they've fallen behind, or if they're still going that intentionally slow.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »