Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction
(12-07-2015, 03:10 PM)SammyOES Wrote: I'm a big fan of the changes for turning right at King and Albert.  I really hate having to decide which cars I'm going to fight with / annoy when coming down Bridgeport before King and planning on turning right at Albert.

This.

You're all going to hate me for saying this, but one pedestrian crossing at Regina or King throws the whole system into disarray.  If I'm on Bridgeport and want to turn right on Albert, for example - when should I get in the right lane?  The way it is now, if I stay in the right lane past the kink in the road at Sobeys, it takes about 2 light cycles to get through Regina, then another 2 to get through King because only a few cars can get through between pedestrians (who are very rightfully entitled to be) walking along Bridgeport crossing at Regina or King.  So, the situation SammyOES comes up - I pop one lane to my left, over to the middle lane, where I can typically easily make it through the timed lights at Regina and then King... but then I have to cut back in rather abruptly past King (hoping that someone got stuck turning right from the right lane for a Pedestrian) to get back into the right lane to queue up to turn right on Albert - except bam, someone's NOT crossing at King - meaning I now don't have an opening, and uh-oh, someone's crossing at Albert, so there are 10 cars backed up there and I have no where to go.  It's absolutely terrible.  Worst spot to drive in the Region that I can think of.  I go through this several times a week picking up my husband at university.  I'm seriously thinking I should get a dashcam just so I can make a video clip of how terrible the human dynamics are in this area.

(Also, because I didn't mention it before - thanks for the fantastic image editing skills, Markster! Great map.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction - by Canard - 12-07-2015, 06:06 PM