Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction
Quote:Maybe we should make these streets controlled-access freeways then. But they're not. They're city streets that pass through residential neighbourhoods. I would say that, if you admit that the situation is not "ideal," you agree that it should change.

Obviously I think it should change - I said how I think it should change (although my statements have been more based on a limitless funding world - I'm not sure I think the roads should be changed in our limited resources world). I don't think its a big problem now, and the solutions some of you are presenting seem bad to me (again, I outlined why).

It's fine to disagree on how we trade off foot friendly and car friendly designs.

Quote:No one seems to want things entirely their own way. If that were true, you would have people saying that these streets be closed to through traffic. That's not the case. As you say, the situation on these streets is not ideal: they do not need to be three-lane freeways, and a safe environment for people using other means of transportation can and should be provided while still allowing reasonable flow of car traffic.

What's the statistics on pedestrian injuries on these streets? It's been mentioned that its dangerous multiple times, I don't know what the actual statistics are, but this is the first I've heard about it being this dangerous to pedestrians.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction - by SammyOES - 12-11-2015, 04:07 PM