Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction
(05-30-2016, 04:54 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 04:41 PM)dunkalunk Wrote: Why not two lanes?

One lane is absurd. Anyone who has witnessed the backups on Erb St W. eastbound whenever it is constrained to one lane would know what a cockamamie of an idea this is.

p.s. Two lanes would likely be enough (for the time being) , though I don't know any possible use to that extra lane.

I think the idea is that Erb and Bridgeport would each be one lane each way. So in fact two lanes in each direction. On top of which, I would expect that ample turn lanes would be provided wherever turning is permitted. So that would be one free-flowing lane on each street in each direction devoted entirely to through traffic. I think it’s far from clear that this would work poorly.

Personally I’m OK with the one-way roads, but they should have two lanes plus turn lanes, not sort-of-3-lanes-but-at-many-locations-the-third-lane-is-really-but-only-sort-of-a-turn-lane which is what we actually get. And from Caroline to King it’s definitely absurd for a one-way Erb St. to have three lanes — no traffic study required, just logical thinking.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction - by ijmorlan - 05-30-2016, 06:15 PM