Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction
(05-31-2016, 09:40 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Your last point is your best one, and why we probably have to agree to disagree. It’s a good distinction to make, “streets” versus “roads.” I look at Bridgeport and Erb East, running right into the heart of Waterloo, with mostly single-family homes alongside and some commercial, and I see streets. You see roads to funnel traffic efficiently to the expressway. I don’t think that’s an invalid perspective; obviously roads are necessary, too. But the two different perspectives are going to lead to very different conclusions about what these streets should look like.

They are a road, County Rd #9 to be precise.

And no, the traffic jam is not bunk, since we already saw it. I do agree that they are overbuilt and could go to two lanes (one direction) down from three. However, the traffic jam when we went down to one lane puts the ball in their court to prove that somehow this impassable constriction at Caroline somehow wouldn't have the same effect just a block down after King.

Of course we would need a full study to come to an absolute final conclusion, but given the present evidence, the ball is squarely in their court to prove that one lane of synchronized lights plus another five blocks up, non-synchronized would suffice.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction - by BuildingScout - 05-31-2016, 10:25 AM