Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction
(06-02-2016, 12:25 AM)mpd618 Wrote:  There being only two lanes of capacity per direction on the two-way section in fact suggests that three lanes of capacity on the one-way sections is overkill.

(Also, there's another possibility, of having three lanes of eastbound capacity, but splitting it with one lane on Bridgeport and two on Erb. I think the other one's probably better, though.)

Yeap, I agreed long ago that three is overkill and two eastbound lanes on Erb St. E. would suffice. However,under the one lane eastbound scenario I do not see traffic on Erb St. W. naturally splitting in two at Caroline, with half going on Bridgeport and half on Erb when only Erb is eastbound traffic light synchronized and many people are going to the highway or southbound on Weber.

It's at least the third time I make the points above, and yet they are still missed. I think this discussion has outlived its usefulness.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction - by BuildingScout - 06-02-2016, 05:47 AM