Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction
(06-01-2016, 10:57 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 10:28 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Claiming that a normal trip of 4-5min is now 20min longer is hyperbole.

It's funny how the two-way proponents keep on denying this fact, which is what happened during rush hour when Erb St. W. was reduced to one lane for several months in front of CIGI back in 2014.

They know that their argument cannot recover from this, so they just pretend it didn't happen.

Okaaaay, I think we are done with this argument.

As it happens I’m not a two-way proponent, although I’m not strongly opposed to the idea.

But this reference to the reduction of the street to one lane needs to be addressed. When they did that, the turn lanes were not properly configured. At one point they had the right lane closed so all traffic had to use the left lane. Which is actually the lane to use to turn onto Father David Bauer. Result: zero through lanes. They should have arranged for a left turn lane and a through lane at that intersection, even for that temporary setup. While as regular readers will know I have little respect for traffic engineers and planners, even I believe that they would get this right if a permanent re-configuration of the street were to be done. So the traffic snarls caused by the temporary lane closure cannot be assumed to be representative of what would happen with a permanent change.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction - by ijmorlan - 06-02-2016, 05:55 AM