Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction
Yeah, I lived right near Roslin and Erb when the one lane was closed on Erb. The delay wasn't anywhere as bad as you say, BuildingScout, and there were a whole host of problems with how the lane closure was designed that caused the delays to be worse than they needed to be.

The assumption that traffic light synchronization would remain the same prioritizing east-bound on Erb is also not reasonable. Most likely there would be adjustments to the timing so that that there is more even weight to each direction on both Erb and Bridgeport. I also expect that the interface at Erb and Bridgeport near the expressway would have to be reconfigured which could alter the balance between the two streets.

What about an alternative that sees Erb become a 4-lane arterial with no bike lanes, but then Bridgeport becomes a 2 lane local collector with fully protected bike facilities? People wouldn't like their front yards becoming smaller, but that didn't stop them from expanding Columbia. I personally would favour the 2+1 + bike lane configuration for both roads, but this might be a solution that motorists might be able to live with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Uptown] Erb/Bridgeport/Caroline/Albert Reconstruction - by jamincan - 06-02-2016, 07:47 AM