Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drewlo Waterloo (née Waterloo Motor Inn) | 8x 16-28 fl | proposed
I'm actually reasonably excited for this one! I lived in the Drewlo buildings on Wilson Ave for 3 years, about 10 years ago, and while it wasn't anything overly special, I was reasonably satisfied with the size of the apartment (2 bedrooms, 1000 square feet), and the fact that it had amenities like in-suite laundry, which seems to be their standard. And I'd much rather see Drewlo putting up new buildings in KW than have more Starlight rentals.

I hope that they do something with the King St Service Rd/King St intersection, because that is already a miserable road to turn left off of. They're definitely going to need to install a traffic light there, once there's a lot of extra traffic coming in and out of this area. I'd also love to see the on/off ramps lose their sweeping lanes, and restructure those connections through lighted intersections. It could help reclaim a bit of land, but mostly make the area safer for pedestrians and cyclists by slowing traffic and giving pedestrians some right-of-way (instead of the current set-up, which requires pedestrians and cyclists to wait for a break in traffic to cross the ramps).

That said, it's really well-placed for the future. There's the new MUT going in next to it (they have it shown on the renderings, stretching between King and Weber), and there's been rumblings and rumours about Phase 3 of the LRT extending from Conestoga Mall down King St towards University. Combine this new Drewlo neighbourhood with the 4 proposed 25-storey towers next door at 435 King St North, and it'll be a prime target for an LRT stop at Blue Springs Drive. Here's hoping that someone does something productive with the former-Chapters at 428 King next.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 475 King Street North | 28, 25, 24, 21, 16, 16, 6, 4, 2, 1 | Proposed - by SF22 - 11-21-2022, 03:56 PM