Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Circa 1877 (née Brick Brewery) | 20 fl | Complete
(04-21-2016, 08:51 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 09:45 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Is this site considered to be "Uptown" by most people?  I would have called it "Midtown".  Or perhaps Midtown only starts after Union?  Since it doesn't actually exist, it seems a bit vague as to what is and isn't Midtown.  At the other end, the train tracks make for a clearer division.

We've talked about this in the past, and I think mostly agreed to disagree. I personally think that Union is the division between Midtown and Uptown, but am not married to that.

I think that design is fine. I want to see the building preserved and incorporated into a new development, but I don't know how much effort can reasonably be expected on the part of the developer to make the new parts really go together- the building is notable and I think really nice, but not actually a heritage building. I'll be happy to see it not torn down.

I'm almost tempted to call it Half-town. The main "divide" for me is Sunlife/GRH parking, hence Union, but when I think of it, between Sunlife, GRH, and KCI, the majority of the West side is neither residential, pedestrian-friendly, or retail/commercial. Crossing King Street is almost the biggest divide between (possibility of) something and nothing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 181 King St S - by Spokes - 10-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: 181 King St S - by The85 - 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: 181 King St S: Brick Brewing Redevelopment - by Viewfromthe42 - 04-21-2016, 11:06 AM