Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Circa 1877 (née Brick Brewery) | 20 fl | Complete
(01-12-2017, 02:11 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: A lack of a parking spot can be considered a plus because I don't have to pay for it. As has been said, at 30-50K for an underground spot, I would much rather see a developer charging that much for each spot, so that I can choose to not pay it and get what I want. Currently, anyone wanting to live in downtown areas can very easily find places with sufficient parking, or where it can be acquired. However, it is very nearly impossible to find a condo anywhere in the region where you can get a unit with parking for $X, but a unit without parking for $X-50,000. I'm not even being offered the choice, whereas everything is required, seemingly, to be designed and built to drivers' needs. I'm fine with plenty being built to drivers' needs, but I'd like at least a single option in this region of ~600,000 to be built to my needs. I wouldn't think that this would be so hard to offer.

What you are describing is pretty common in larger centres like Toronto, is it not?  It would be interesting to know what the developer's response might be to a prospective purchaser seeking a price adjustment based on not taking a parking space with the unit.  Not having a parking space could be a limiting factor at resale time, but I'm not sure there'd be much of a downside for the developer, especially if it opened the opportunity to make an additional space available for sale to another purchaser/owner.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 181 King St S - by Spokes - 10-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: 181 King St S - by The85 - 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: 181 King St S: Brick Brewing Redevelopment - by panamaniac - 01-12-2017, 08:00 PM