Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
(06-06-2024, 05:58 PM)CP42 Wrote: Photo included on email communication:
[Image: obrueMu.png]

I guess they are planning to have the entire project have that horrific black/white stripe pattern on the ground haha...I hate that so much, it plays with my vision anytime I look at it.

I think the ‘platform’ would be in reference to tower D?

Being that there is a massive amenity space between the towers that resembles a platform

Hope I’m wrong though
(06-13-2024, 03:51 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: I think the ‘platform’ would be in reference to tower D?

Being that there is a massive amenity space between the towers that resembles a platform

Hope I’m wrong though

That’s what I thought at first… but I thought they marketed DUO as both tower C and D? I remember seeing “a dynamic duo is coming to Station Park” in some of their marketing materials. But DUO could have been interpreted as the two towers (C&D) or as the second phase ©, so not sure.

I also thought I recalled seeing them refer to the podium between C and D as the “SkyDeck”
I was thinking that it's along the lines of, 'you're so close to the train station, you practically live on the platform'. Or something.
(06-13-2024, 06:10 PM)KevinL Wrote: I was thinking that it's along the lines of, 'you're so close to the train station, you practically live on the platform'. Or something.

That's the way I interpreted it too...
Photo 
Third rebrand of this development?
[Image: 8YsO2NY.jpg]
(06-14-2024, 04:08 PM)CuilTard Wrote: Third rebrand of this development?
Not a rebrand of the development - rather new branding for the third phase (likely, but potentially rebranding of second half of second phase)

Station Park is the whole development, while the phases are as follows:
1) Union Towers = towers A & B
2) DUO = towers C & D
3) The Platform = likely tower E (unless it is tower D?)

(06-14-2024, 04:11 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 04:08 PM)CuilTard Wrote: Third rebrand of this development?
Not a rebrand of the development - rather new branding for the third phase (likely, but potentially rebranding of second half of second phase)

2) DUO = towers C & D

Update: apparently The Platform is Tower D. This makes more sense given it seemed very unlikely they would have sold out both a 36 and 40 storey tower in a slower time in the condo market.

So the branding for Station Park is as follows:
2) DUO = tower C
3) The Platform = tower D
4) TBD = tower E
So, more apartments and less of everything else?
(06-14-2024, 04:20 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 04:11 PM)CP42 Wrote: Not a rebrand of the development - rather new branding for the third phase (likely, but potentially rebranding of second half of second phase)

2) DUO = towers C & D

Update: apparently The Platform is Tower D. This makes more sense given it seemed very unlikely they would have sold out both a 36 and 40 storey tower in a slower time in the condo market.

2) DUO = tower C
4) TBD = tower E

To me it makes less sense to call one tower, "DUO"
lol
(Yesterday, 12:03 AM)jordan2423 Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 04:20 PM)CP42 Wrote: Update: apparently The Platform is Tower D. This makes more sense given it seemed very unlikely they would have sold out both a 36 and 40 storey tower in a slower time in the condo market.

2) DUO = tower C
4) TBD = tower E

lol

Same
(06-12-2024, 10:47 PM)CP42 Wrote: Looks like they’re pouring the 8th floor slab now. VanMar posted on social media today that they are implementing a 4-day formwork cycle for the tower.
[Image: Nx0u14d.jpeg]

And with some more light:
[Image: BAeXTmN.jpeg]
(Yesterday, 12:03 AM)jordan2423 Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 04:20 PM)CP42 Wrote: Update: apparently The Platform is Tower D. This makes more sense given it seemed very unlikely they would have sold out both a 36 and 40 storey tower in a slower time in the condo market.

2) DUO = tower C
4) TBD = tower E

lol
My guess is the name duo is no more and they are calling this Platform now.  But if the duo is sold out why did they send me a E-mail to buy a unit before the fall opening?  Only way to find out is to ask Vanmar I guess. Also the new photo they posted on the King Street wall, the two towers look like the DUO and the building on the far end tower E? Also the new photo is the one ac3r posted on the top of this page.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »