Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Where is 503? Still on Randall? Thank you.

(01-02-2018, 07:19 PM)Square Wrote: Where is 503?  Still on Randall?  Thank you.

Presumably, as I've not heard otherwise. Should be unloaded sometime this week.
(01-02-2018, 07:19 PM)Square Wrote: Where is 503?  Still on Randall?  Thank you.

Still at the siding by Randall Drive. You're welcome!
(01-02-2018, 10:22 PM)Canard Wrote:

Still at the siding by Randall Drive.  You're welcome!

I guess they are busy enough with 502 and 504 (and maybe 501?) so as not to need 503 yet. Which probably means they are also not in a hurry for 505 or 506.
Or, they’re all just back from the holidays and they spent the day doing their “day before” prep, like safety meetings, etc...

If it doesn’t happen tomorrow, then yeah, something else is up.

The lack of drive to push testing is really alarming, and frustrating.
(01-02-2018, 10:22 PM)Canard Wrote:

Still at the siding by Randall Drive.  You're welcome!

We went by a few days ago and there was a guy obviously guarding the train. He was busy texting and paid zero attention to us. Having said that, I'm sure we didn't look very sketchy.
They are unloading it now according to the Facebook group. I'm sure someone will have pictures here soon as well.

503 delivered, and a different LRV was just loaded on the flatbed. Speculation is it's 501 is going to Millhaven for retrofit, but workers apparently won't confirm.
I can confirm it is 501.
(01-03-2018, 05:03 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: 503 delivered, and a different LRV was just loaded on the flatbed. Speculation is it's 501 is going to Millhaven for retrofit, but workers apparently won't confirm.

I can confirm that they wouldn't confirm.  Videos from today:

It started with them picking up 503 from Randall, and loading a mysterious item that turned out to be a winch:

With the winch loaded, she headed to the OMSF:

Here's her arrival there:

They positioned the ramp:

Gave her a few test pulls to see how much traction they had:

Then hooked up the winch to play it safe and brake her down the ramp:

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »