Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
I was talking to the staff at the KW Korean Food Market, apparently they have to be out by the end of June. They're moving to a plaza at 501 Krug St (just past the expressway).

Zehr Group has also left the plaza, so it seems demolition is imminent.

(05-09-2022, 09:58 AM)ac3r Wrote: Those podiums seem to get uglier each time I see a new picture. They're such a mish-mash of random materials and colours...I wish architects could be more consistent haha. I understand that condos rarely have good podiums because they're usually not given great importance, but still, I much prefer things to be much cleaner and minimalistic, like the Lago building in Toronto for example.

[Image: HRH7BnO.jpg]

I’m so/so on them. The structure of the podium design is appealing, but the comments on the red aluminum plating aging terribly definitely strike true
(05-09-2022, 10:08 AM)taylortbb Wrote: I was talking to the staff at the KW Korean Food Market, apparently they have to be out by the end of June. They're moving to a plaza at 501 Krug St (just past the expressway).

That sounds promising, though none of those demolition projects impede the completion of the first tower, yes? 

Still trying to accurately gauge if this September move-in timeline is feasible.
(05-09-2022, 10:08 AM)taylortbb Wrote: I was talking to the staff at the KW Korean Food Market, apparently they have to be out by the end of June. They're moving to a plaza at 501 Krug St (just past the expressway).

Good to know. I have also been seeing online marketing starting for phase 2

https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Condo-For...91753.html

Looks like the next batch of towers about to go up are these two (36,40fl) TEK (45fl) and Q-condos (34fl)
(05-09-2022, 10:17 AM)Lebronj23 Wrote:

Good to know. I have also been seeing online marketing starting for phase 2

Looks like the next batch of towers about to go up are these two (36,40fl) TEK (45fl) and Q-condos (34fl)

Judging by the site plans that note them as phase 2a and 2b, and my discussions with Condo Culture staff, I believe they’re constructing the next two one at a time… which seems odd considering they’re marketing/naming them as “Duo”.
(05-09-2022, 10:13 AM)Rofltropter Wrote:

That sounds promising, though none of those demolition projects impede the completion of the first tower, yes? 

Still trying to accurately gauge if this September move-in timeline is feasible.

I don’t think demolition for the next phase will have any impact on move-in dates of the first phase.
(05-09-2022, 10:26 AM)CP42 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 10:13 AM)Rofltropter Wrote: That sounds promising, though none of those demolition projects impede the completion of the first tower, yes? 

I don’t think demolition for the next phase will have any impact on move-in dates of the first phase.

That’s good to hear. Do you have any opinion on the September timeline provided? A few of my realtor friends say that they will most likely bump the date as they can so without penalty.

Trying to gauge if this group feels the same way about that timeline.

If you have questions about your unit you should ask the developer directly.
(05-09-2022, 11:01 AM)Lens Wrote: If you have questions about your unit you should ask the developer directly.

Aye, already done so. 

The Developer isn’t required to be honest there, no answer of theirs is legally binding. 

We’re transitioning cities from northern Ontario, hence gauging community sentiment is quite helpful in this case
(05-09-2022, 10:25 AM)CP42 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 10:17 AM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Good to know. I have also been seeing online marketing starting for phase 2

Judging by the site plans that note them as phase 2a and 2b, and my discussions with Condo Culture staff, I believe they’re constructing the next two one at a time… which seems odd considering they’re marketing/naming them as “Duo”.

Oh that would suck. I always figured since they are sharing a podium and underground parking it would all be started at once
(05-09-2022, 11:04 AM)Rofltropter Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:01 AM)Lens Wrote: If you have questions about your unit you should ask the developer directly.

Aye, already done so. 

The Developer isn’t required to be honest there, no answer of theirs is legally binding. 

We’re transitioning cities from northern Ontario, hence gauging community sentiment is quite helpful in this case

I’m no expert, but I’d think the September timeframe is reasonable? The building has been fully enclosed for a while and the lower floors already seem to have drywall and cabinetry completed. They still have 4 months to complete the same for the rest and get the appliances in, so I’d think September is doable as long as there aren’t any unforeseen delays. This project has also appeared to move quite quickly compared to others in the region.
An additional change in move-in at the point would be frustrating. I too am transitioning, but from Toronto. So I am hoping the September date is firm

I spoke with a developer rep last week and she told me all is still on track + I would be able to see the unit or take a tour a month or 2 before move-in
(05-09-2022, 11:33 AM)Votemac Wrote: An additional change in move-in at the point would be frustrating. I too am transitioning, but from Toronto. So I am hoping the September date is firm

I spoke with a developer rep last week and she told me all is still on track + I would be able to see the unit or take a tour a month or 2 before move-in

This is very good to hear. We didn’t think to ask for a tour date, however we’re on floor three so I assume we’ll have a similar timeline for viewing.

Only issue I’ve had is getting a measurement accurate floor plan for the place - every mockup (and even building plan) seems to be missing quite a few wall measurements. 

Has anyone had luck in that department? Our interior designer is scratching her head without it. Developer said “the measurements are subject to change so we don’t define them”.

(05-09-2022, 11:51 AM)Rofltropter Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:33 AM)Votemac Wrote: An additional change in move-in at the point would be frustrating. I too am transitioning, but from Toronto. So I am hoping the September date is firm

This is very good to hear. We didn’t think to ask for a tour date, however we’re on floor three so I assume we’ll have a similar timeline for viewing.

Only issue I’ve had is getting a measurement accurate floor plan for the place - every mockup (and even building plan) seems to be missing quite a few wall measurements. 

Has anyone had luck in that department? Our interior designer is scratching her head without it. Developer said “the measurements are subject to change so we don’t define them”.

I’ve always just assumed that I would take these measurements myself when I get the PDI tour.

Also on that note… are folks going with the builder-partnered window coverings? They seem insanely expensive, so I’ve been exploring some other options.
(05-09-2022, 01:02 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:51 AM)Rofltropter Wrote: This is very good to hear. We didn’t think to ask for a tour date, however we’re on floor three so I assume we’ll have a similar timeline for viewing.

I’ve always just assumed that I would take these measurements myself when I get the PDI tour.

Also on that note… are folks going with the builder-partnered window coverings? They seem insanely expensive, so I’ve been exploring some other options.

Way too expensive. I will do them myself!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »