Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
(02-16-2023, 07:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Given that it's a condo building, that retail space would likely be a condo unit that is sold anyway; the unit owner, of course, could try to entice a grocery store to move in. I suspect that the grocery retailers are loth to invest in real estate in general.

Not necessarily - the commercial spaces in the first phase of station park are rentals. 

Also not sure that grocery retailers aren’t wanting to invest in real estate? Choice Properties REIT is one of the largest in the country and is owned by Loblaws/George Weston Ltd. Similarly, Sobey’s/Longos/Freshco, etc. parent company Empire Company has a subsidiary real estate investment company, Crombie REIT.

(02-16-2023, 08:27 PM)CP42 Wrote: Not necessarily - the commercial spaces in the first phase of station park are rentals. 

They have to be owned by somebody. I can't imagine VanMar made them common elements owned by the condo corp. Likely either VanMar kept them for themselves, or sold the units to someone that wanted to lease them out.

A grocery store likely wouldn't own the retail condo unit, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't lease it from an investor.
(02-16-2023, 09:55 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 08:27 PM)CP42 Wrote: Not necessarily - the commercial spaces in the first phase of station park are rentals. 

They have to be owned by somebody. I can't imagine VanMar made them common elements owned by the condo corp. Likely either VanMar kept them for themselves, or sold the units to someone that wanted to lease them out.

A grocery store likely wouldn't own the retail condo unit, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't lease it from an investor.

You’re right - just reviewed the PSA and looks like the retail units are owned. However, they’re currently listed for lease (https://www.cbre.ca/properties/retail/de...=isLetting). Kind of disappointing that they’re all listed as available!
Wouldn't it be amazing to see a new Station Park home for Descendants?
Anything that brings people in, all for it. Would a portion of underground parking possibly be for day time grocery store use? I've seen similar set ups in Toronto I believe.
(02-17-2023, 01:52 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Anything that brings people in, all for it.  Would a portion of underground parking possibly be for day time grocery store use? I've seen similar set ups in Toronto I believe.

Yes, and there is also a direct stairwell from the retail down to the lot
I feel like the amenities here actually somewhat resemble the renders / marketing promises:
[Image: FZnVvvS.jpg]
[Image: 9p6nUTN.jpg][Image: kjVVS66.jpg][Image: NY9LsTF.jpg][Image: FyDdMRX.jpg]
[Image: fBTYpXW.jpg]

(03-08-2023, 04:44 PM)CP42 Wrote: I feel like the amenities here actually somewhat resemble the renders / marketing promises:

Wow...it does look impressive. It has its own bowling alley which is real cool. And bar. I wonder how this can be used by those that live there - do they schedule time for free, or is it paid? I imagine having a party with your friends with a proper bar would be really cool. Little bit of 10-pin or 5-pin or whatever during your party....
(03-08-2023, 05:37 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 04:44 PM)CP42 Wrote: I feel like the amenities here actually somewhat resemble the renders / marketing promises:

Wow...it does look impressive. It has its own bowling alley which is real cool. And bar.  I wonder how this can be used by those that live there - do they schedule time for free, or is it paid? I imagine having a party with your friends with a proper bar would be really cool. Little bit of 10-pin or 5-pin or whatever during your party....

They’re not open yet (these pictures were sent via email) - but I believe the bowling alley and private dining room will run on a booking system through the building‘s mobile app.
Wow... now that is how to donit. Congrats Vanmar...
Wow. I feel like the amenity space is something that typically gets skimped on but they pulled out all the stops. Very nice.
And these are the modest two towers of the entire project. The next ones will be extravagant surely.
The bowling alley is on the ground floor?

(03-09-2023, 02:19 PM)tomh009 Wrote: The bowling alley is on the ground floor?

This is floor 2. Essentially above the commercial/retail space.
(03-09-2023, 02:22 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 02:19 PM)tomh009 Wrote: The bowling alley is on the ground floor?

This is floor 2. Essentially above the commercial/retail space.

Better than above residential! Hopefully the noise/vibration transmission into commercial space will be minimal.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »