Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Barrel Yards | 25 fl | U/C
Does anyone have an up-to-date site map of this development? I'm updating Google Maps to reflect it — currently there's some nonsense road running through it labeled "Barrel Yards Blvd" (it doesn't seem to be following the correct path at all), but according to this sitemap, it should be "Cooper Street". The linked map is dated 2007. Is it outdated / is there a more recent version out there? Was the name just changed, and everything else the same?

Sorry, I haven't seen a more recent site map.

I've also been wondering what is taking so long to build this site out too. The April 2014 street view shows them on the second floor of the second 21 story building (apartment 'C' in the linked map above). By May of 2015 they are at the 17th floor, and August of 2015 the 19th floor. Quite the slow down.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(09-24-2015, 09:00 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Does anyone have an up-to-date site map of this development? I'm updating Google Maps to reflect it

Ah, so you're the guy I see making a ton of edits in Waterloo lately!

I'd say just go with the latest information, i.e. that old pdf you posted. The site as built doesn't seem to go against it.
(09-24-2015, 11:08 PM)Markster Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 09:00 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Does anyone have an up-to-date site map of this development? I'm updating Google Maps to reflect it

Ah, so you're the guy I see making a ton of edits in Waterloo lately!

I'd say just go with the latest information, i.e. that old pdf you posted. The site as built doesn't seem to go against it.

Yup, that would be me! I've been mainly realigning roads that are badly aligned, but I've also been drawing in a ton of parking lots, adjusting roads for eventual Ion track, and other miscellaneous cleanup (adding in the Weber St grade separation and readding the Margaret Ave bridge, for example). Are you seeing the edits in Google Maps proper, or are you using Map Maker too?
(09-25-2015, 12:42 AM)GtwoK Wrote: Are you seeing the edits in Google Maps proper, or are you using Map Maker too?

See my reply in the Google imagery topic
(09-24-2015, 09:00 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Does anyone have an up-to-date site map of this development? I'm updating Google Maps to reflect it — currently there's some nonsense road running through it labeled "Barrel Yards Blvd" (it doesn't seem to be following the correct path at all), but according to this sitemap, it should be "Cooper Street". The linked map is dated 2007. Is it outdated / is there a more recent version out there? Was the name just changed, and everything else the same?

The name Barrel Yards Blvd is correct. The routing on Google Maps is incorrect however, the road is not that large. I guess somewhere they made a name change. That's the address of the buildings. For example The Onyx is 29 Barrel Yards Blvd.
http://maps.waterloo.ca/ might be a better source of information. I don't think it's quite right either, I don't think there is going to be any street connecting to Erb, unless you count part of the Delta parking lot as a street.

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned there were some problems re: quality (workmanship) of the units. Is that widespread or isolated to a few individuals or units?

I'm looking for a new place as I'm having problems in my current condo/loft. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Welcome to WRC, Harry!

And I'll be looking forward to the responses, too ... Smile
(02-17-2015, 06:10 PM)Drake Wrote: I called a few months back. A 2 bedroom 1500 ft2 unit on the 20th floor was $3600/month. That is a $650k+ mortgage.

I could rent a place on Victoria St S and employ 2 men to carry me or perhaps buy a rickshaw and employ one man full time to run me around Uptown. There are potentially a lot of units in those 4 towers. I am not sure the demand will be there at the prices they are asking.

So have they dropped the prices?  Looking on Kijiji, 2BR+D units are advertised at $2500/month, smaller ones go down to under $1800/month.  But maybe those are not comparable to the unit Drake was looking at ...
Thanks for the welcome, tomh009.

I don't know about the two bedroom units on the 20th floor, but a one bedroom plus den (around 1000 sq. ft. and at the same height) was approximately $1750. From what I can tell this is similar to rental units in other condo/loft buildings in town. Still trying to determine quality.
I can tell you there are some good options still around. I'm at Kaufman, have good basement storage, two parking spots, two bedrooms, nice finishes, and am paying $1500+hydro (~20-30/month).
Kaufman is a great location, and I like the units a lot. The biggest downside for us was the lack of indoor parking. If you don't drive, or at least not drive frequently, this might be a non-issue.

Thanks, Viewfromthe42 and tomh009.

I'm actually in the Kaufman lofts now. Generally been a fan of the building, but had problems of late. Considering my options.

But I agree the rents are slightly lower here compared to other buildings.
(10-05-2015, 05:00 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Kaufman is a great location, and I like the units a lot.  The biggest downside for us was the lack of indoor parking.  If you don't drive, or at least not drive frequently, this might be a non-issue.

This is slightly off topic for this thread - 

You and all the other Kaufman owners should get together and put out an request for proposal for someone to buy and develop the huge parking lot beside your building.  As part of the price, you could require a underground parking lot be developed and connected to your building.   In addition to this, it could actually release cash to the owners (assuming the condo corporation owns that land).  Seems to me that land would be a great spot for another tower?

Just don't get the guys who built 144 Park to do it Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »