Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors when quoting
You'd have to think that's next for them.  Although I believe it took forever to go from 1.6 to 1.8.  And a number of features didn't transfer over. 

I've been impressed with xenforo.  If myBB doesn't improve, I'd consider that.  I haven't done a ton of research into it yet, although preliminary reading yields positive reviews.

(08-05-2017, 10:03 PM)Canard Wrote: I ⌘-click the "Reply" button below each post that I want to multi-quote... then scroll to the bottom of the original page, then flip to each new tab...

I had to translate this from Mac-ese. On a PC it's a mid-click.
(08-06-2017, 09:58 AM)Spokes Wrote: I've been impressed with xenforo.  If myBB doesn't improve, I'd consider that.  I haven't done a ton of research into it yet, although preliminary reading yields positive reviews.

At least from a user perspective, xenforo is quite nice.  It does cost money, but not that much.  There is a myBB import ... but how well does it work, and how complete is it, those are the key questions!
(08-06-2017, 02:40 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 10:03 PM)Canard Wrote: I ⌘-click the "Reply" button below each post that I want to multi-quote... then scroll to the bottom of the original page, then flip to each new tab...

I had to translate this from Mac-ese. On a PC it's a mid-click.

It's actually Ctrl-LMB to open in a new tab.
Is xenforo the software used on UrbanToronto?
(08-07-2017, 07:19 AM)jamincan Wrote: Is xenforo the software used on UrbanToronto?

Yes, it is.  And here is another one with the same software (but rather different look):
https://insideflyer.com/forums/
For what it's worth, I personally love the "look and feel" of our forum and I would hate to have to get used to a new interface. I'll use this post as a "Thank You, Spokes!" for doing what you do in keeping this place going.

(08-06-2017, 10:25 PM)Canard Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 02:40 PM)KevinL Wrote: I had to translate this from Mac-ese. On a PC it's a mid-click.

It's actually Ctrl-LMB to open in a new tab.

Not if you have a middle button/scroll wheel!
Learned something new - never knew that and just tried it. Wow; thanks!
(08-07-2017, 10:47 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 07:19 AM)jamincan Wrote: Is xenforo the software used on UrbanToronto?

Yes, it is.  And here is another one with the same software (but rather different look):
https://insideflyer.com/forums/

I like the functionality and look a lot of it.  But I was really impressed with the mobile design and function.

Our mobile presence frankly leaves a lot to be desired.
(08-07-2017, 01:10 PM)Canard Wrote: For what it's worth, I personally love the "look and feel" of our forum and I would hate to have to get used to a new interface.  I'll use this post as a "Thank You, Spokes!" for doing what you do in keeping this place going.

Thanks!

IF a change were to be made, the goal would be to have the same look, feel, features that currently exist.
(08-05-2017, 05:59 PM)clasher Wrote: I've never had it work for me either, but if I hit reply it'll get the post I wanna quote.

Reply evidently works for me as well. Thank you, I was scanning right past the button!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »