Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Wow, so maybe there was some truth to that nasty rumour that the driver's facility at Fairway has to move...

(A GrandLinq contractor hinted at that quite strongly in the comments on one of the photos I'd posted online a while back, in the facebook group. If I recall correctly, he later deleted them - probably having been reprimanded by the higher-ups that lurk there.)

the spot it's in always boggled my mind. It only makes sense to move it to a spot that will be closer to new the bus bays but still close for ION operators
The more I think about this, the more I think it's likely that they realized they forgot the vapour barrier or something like that on the insulation.

The trucks that are there are from this company: http://www.culliton.com/
(09-28-2017, 04:32 PM)timc Wrote: Are they going to reduce the berm and/or build a pathway through it?

I think so!
Did anybody notice the minor construction activity in the Waterloo Town Square parking lot?

I had noticed that the pavement in the crossing near the parcel pickup was wrong — there was a flangeway on the inside of the LRT track on the side with the check rail. So in effect there were two flangeways, one between the running rail and the check rail and another just inside the check rail. I wondered if it would always be like that but in the last couple of days they removed all the pavement between the rails and as of yesterday afternoon the correct boots have been installed. I think it’s just waiting for new pavement now.

Still, we’re at a point where a mall crossing being closed is news, so overall I think we should be happy with the state of the construction (vehicles excluded).
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hi Iain, the vehicle was outside of Liverpool, ON early this morning - scheduled to arrive in Waterloo Region by middle of next week</p>&mdash; ION (@rideIONrt) <a href="https://twitter.com/rideIONrt/status/913760750925119488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2017</a></blockquote>
(09-29-2017, 09:42 AM)Canard Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hi Iain, the vehicle was outside of Liverpool, ON early this morning - scheduled to arrive in Waterloo Region by middle of next week</p>&mdash; ION (@rideIONrt) <a href="https://twitter.com/rideIONrt/status/913760750925119488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

I was just wondering about that, thanks!

For the curious, Liverpool is a neighbourhood in Pickering. Gotta love how railways never drop old town names...
It's kind of infuriating how they make everything as difficult as possible that way. Smile Like, why not just say Pickering!?!? Why make everyone Google it?
For those wondering Liverpool is in Pickering, ON and is located at MP 313.0 CN Kingston Sub and MP 1.4 CN York Sub. The closest CPR "station" to that is Cherrywood at MP 189.5 CP Belleville Sub
(09-29-2017, 01:56 PM)Canard Wrote: It's kind of infuriating how they make everything as difficult as possible that way.  Smile  Like, why not just say Pickering!?!?  Why make everyone Google it?

There's a CTC Control point in Guelph on the CN/GEXR Guelph sub that has a sign that says "Hanlon" *shrugs*
As per "Dan" on UrbanToronto:

Quote:The car arrived at Mac Yard at 9.00am this morning.

The ramp is being set up on Monday, with the current expectation of a Tuesday delivery and off-loading.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
(09-29-2017, 02:16 PM)Canard Wrote: As per "Dan" on UrbanToronto:

Quote:The car arrived at Mac Yard at 9.00am this morning.

The ramp is being set up on Monday, with the current expectation of a Tuesday delivery and off-loading.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Hmmm.... I knew 10 days seemed like an absurd number. But then again that's about how long it took the last one to get here from Thunder Bay

I'm a bit skeptical of a Tuesday offloading if it's only in the far side of Toronto right now. Last time it took forever even though it seemed so close.

It must be coming up Monday night then, from the Lancaster yard. I also don't get his statement about "the ramp is being set up on Monday" - there's nothing to set up. They roll it out of yard... it's already "set up".
(09-29-2017, 02:33 PM)Canard Wrote: I'm a bit skeptical of a Tuesday offloading if it's only in the far side of Toronto right now.  Last time it took forever even though it seemed so close.

It must be coming up Monday night then, from the Lancaster yard.  I also don't get his statement about "the ramp is being set up on Monday" - there's nothing to set up.  They roll it out of yard... it's already "set up".

From what I heard there's a daily GEXR train from Mac Yard (location) to Stratford. Whether that runs on weekends I don't know. But if it does it might be here this weekend. The region could also charter a GEXR train if they wanted to to bring it up when it gets here and offload earlier than Tuesday.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »